Sunday Worship Service
Focus of Worship
We meet at 10:30 each Sunday morning at 3151 East FM 518 in League City, TX. Our worship service on Sunday morning is intentionally focused on celebrating God and giving him praise, glory, and honor through joyful music, heart-felt prayer, and the reading and teaching of His Word in a relevant, applicable message. At the same time, we want the person who is exploring the claims of Christianity or seeking to know more about God to have the opportunity to do that in an atmosphere that is welcoming and open to their questions and needs. Here's what you can expect in a typical worship service that usually lasts about 1 hour.
Order of Worship
- Call to Worship
- Affirmation of Faith
- Praise Songs
- Congregational Prayer
- The Offering
- Greeting and Fellowship
- (Children's Church starts)
- Scripture Reading
- The Sermon
- Closing Praise Song
- Music: Upbeat and worshipful singing throughout the service including both contemporary music and a few more well-known hymns.
- Prayer: We often have a time for people to share requests and pray as a congregation.
- Giving: An offering is a voluntary part of worship for our members. Visitors need not feel they have to give.
- Children's Church: After a brief moment of greeting and fellowship, Pre-K to 4th graders may go to "Children's Church" during the remainder of the service.
- Scripture Reading: We often hear or read together a portion of God's Word.
- Message: Biblically-based teaching that is applied to everyday life will be given using visual projection as well.
- Fellowship: We fellowship over coffee between Sunday School (9:00-10:00AM) and Worship Service (10:30-11:30AM).
Messages This Week
Summer in the Psalms - Beginning July 16th - Concluding August 27th
God's People Need Gospel Hope. during these 7 weeks we will be examining in order:
- Palsms 65
- Psalms 71
- Psalms 131
- Psalms 33
- Psalms 39
- Psalms 43
- Psalms 62
Eash week, we will plumb the depth of God's Word and we'll be discovering various elements comprising that wonderful concept of Hope. Read ahead and come prepared to hear God's Word speaking directly to you.